Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Before getting back to Chapter 3

I am ready to carry on with Chapter 3 of the book after detouring for the Melbourne and Breeders Cups last week. Before I do I just wanted to point out this little fact. What made Northern Dancer very special in his day as a stallion was the International impact he had and it still separates him from his piers today. Five of last week's twelve winners who were descendants of the Dancer were bred outside North America. I will spend more time on this aspect later but the son from Northern Dancer's second crop who I will discuss in Chapter 3 is probably the most significant reason for the Dancer's overall success as a stallion but more importantly, his International success.

You will see the impact Northern Dancer had on the International scene shortly but it all started with this next character and one of my favorites in the Dancer's legacy. From last week's winners;

Shocking (Aus)
Midday (GB)
Vale of York (Ire)
Goldikova (Ire)
Conduit (Ire)

No comments:

Post a Comment